Hope for the best, but you better plan for the worst

Sometime during your lifetime, you may require help managing your affairs, even for a short period of time, perhaps due to an illness or injury.  In order for your chosen person to act on your behalf for health care, personal care matters, or perhaps routine financial matters, you need a Representation Agreement.  A Representation Agreement is a legal document for personal planning in British Columbia. It is a way for you to authorize your personal supporters to help you manage your affairs or make decisions on your behalf if you need assistance due to illness, injury or disability.

Personal planning does not replace informal help provided by your friends and family. Instead, personal planning formalizes this support and gives the people you choose the legal authority necessary to help you. The best time to do personal planning is before a crisis occurs – so start planning today.

We can recommend this valuable website:


The Nidus Personal Planning Resource Centre is a non-profit, charitable organization.  Nidus provides information to British Columbians about personal planning, specializing in Representation Agreements.

Leave a Reply